- Ph.D., Economics, Claremont Graduate University, 2004
- M.B.A., Peter F. Drucker School of Management, 1999
- B.S., Economics, California State University Pomona, 1997
- Associate Professor, Department of Economics, Sungkyunkwan University, 2015-Present
- Assistant Professor, Department of Economics, Sungkyunkwan University, 2011-2015
- Research Fellow, Samsung Economic Research Institute, 2006-2011
- Full-time Lecturer, California State University Fullerton, 2003-2006
- Public Finance, Public Choice
- "Budget Committee and Intergovernmental Transfer: Evidence from South Korea," (with Hyun-A Kim and Sangwon Park), Economic Inquiry (forthcoming).
- "Court-ordered Redistricting and the Law of 1/n," (with Sangwon Park), Public Choice 176, 2018, pp. 507-528.
- "Protest and Property Crime: Political Use of Police Resources and the Deterrence of Crime,"(with Jaewook Byeon and Iljoong Kim), Public Choice 175, 2018, pp. 181-196.
- "Ethnic Diversity and Public Goods: Evidence from American Cities and School Districts,"(with Soomi Lee and Thomas E. Borcherding), Urban Affairs Review 52(5), 2016, pp. 685-713.
- "Supermajority Rule and Bicameral Bargaining," Public Choice 169(1), 2016, pp. 53-75.
- "Public Spending and the Paradox of Supermajority Rule," (with Thomas E. Borcherding and Youngho Kang), Southern Economic Journal 80(3), 2014, pp. 614-632.
- "Tax Structure and Government Spending: Does the Value-Added Tax Increase the Size of Government?" (with Dongil Kim and Thomas E. Borcherding), National Tax Journal 66(3), 2013, pp. 541-570.
- 제 3 의 자본 (이동원, 정갑영 외), 서울: 삼성경제연구소, 2009.
- Fulbright Research Award, 2017-2018
- Korea Public Finance Award, 2015
- SKKU Teaching Award, 2014
- Samsung Research Fund, Sungkyunkwan University 2016
- National Research Foundation of Korea Grant 2012, 2013, 2014
- Faculty Research Fund, Sungkyunkwan University 2013. 2019
- Samsung Economic Research Institute Best Research Award, 2007, 2009, 2011